Frequently Asked Questions
INFORMATION IS NOT INTENDED AS MEDICAL ADVICE. PLEASE CONSULT WITH YOUR MEDICAL PROVIDERS IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS REGARDING HUMAN MILK SHARING.
Is breast milk sharing a new concept?
Is it safe?
We’re committed to the well-being of our users and as such, have safety features built into the app.
- A donor’s profile will have a results badge (shield with a plus sign) if they have agreed to share any health or test results. If you don’t see that badge, you can still (and are encouraged to) ask about pertinent health information and any recent screenings.
- Report: If you ever feel unsafe or question another user’s intentions, you can report them for review with Share the Drop’s admin team.
- Messages: Keep all initial communication within the app. Once a relationship has developed, you can meet in a public place.
Is there a fee?
Share the Drop is free for donors – those who selflessly share the invaluable gift of liquid gold.
Recipients can opt-in to a paid subscription for $9.99/mo. Before paying, you will be able to create an account (it only takes a few seconds) and browse possible connections in your area.
Don’t see any donors near you? Check back in a few days – our user base is growing bigger each day!
- SNAP or WIC recipients qualify for a complete fee waiver.
- Families impacted by the Lahaina fire in Maui can receive a 6-month subscription for free.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org if you fall into one of the categories.
As a commerce-free app, we do not allow any payment between users in exchange for milk donations. Please use our report feature if you see activity of this nature.
The subscription fee allows us to add new features, expand our geographic footprint, and respond to technical issues in a timely manner.
Who can use Share the Drop?
How do I match?
When you find a suitable match, start messaging them directly in the app to establish a comfortable relationship. When you’re ready, make the Drop! We recommend meeting in a public place–maybe you can even have a quick mom date or play date.